HEAL THE DIVIDE AND RETURN CONFIDENCE TO MUNICIPAL AFFAIRS THROUGH CONSULTATIVE AND TRANSPARENT LEADERSHIP
-I will be an inclusive leader, restore staff morale and mend strained relationships with other organizations.
-I will lead by respecting all residents, staff and my colleagues at the council table.
-I will ensure a “fair to all” approach for everyone dealing with Town Hall.
-I will advocate for a strict adherence to policy, process and Provincial Legislation.
DEVELOP OUR BEACHFRONT IN A RESPONSIBLE AND SENSIBLE FASHION
-I will ensure a business plan is developed to eliminate the annual financial losses of the town owned beachfront properties.
-I will advocate to return the authority and decision making for this investment to your entire elected council.
-I will ensure a review is conducted as to the status of all agreements with the developer ensuring the town’s best interests have been legally and adequately met with proper process and due diligence targets met.
-I will seek out opportunities to responsibly redevelop our beachfront, in consultation with landowners and developers, not at the expense of the taxpayers. This will require more than one developer to ensure a timely, stable and sustainable development that meets the needs of our residents, businesses and tourists.
PROTECT THE TOWN’S ASSETS AND FOCUS ON THE NEEDS OF THE ENTIRE TOWN AND ITS RESIDENTS
-I will continue to support Wasaga Distribution staying in the Town’s ownership and continue creating a business plan to grow this asset.
-I will ensure that the over-due development of facilities such as the construction of an arena and library are a priority.
-I will commit to continuing to look at options to meet the needs of all residents regarding affordable housing.
-I commit to working with the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry to ensure enjoyment of our beach and other lands within Wasaga Beach can be realized to their full potential.
-I am committed to working respectfully with the School Board and continuing discussions to bring a Secondary school to Wasaga Beach when the time is right.
READ MORE – Wasaga Beach Secondary School
-I am committed to working with current businesses, landowners and developers throughout town to grow their businesses or develop their properties creating new employment opportunities as well as meet the needs of residents in our entire community.
MY PROMISE TO YOU
I will continue to organize my personal commitments around my responsibilities as your Mayor and County of Simcoe Councillor. My first priority is to the residents and businesses of our community. The past four years have been difficult but, throughout, I continued to be a voice at the council table protecting your interests.
I learned at an early age that hard work, commitment, honesty, integrity and perseverance build the characteristics of a successful leader. I will not make promises I can’t keep but, I do promise to always listen to you and work towards what I believe to be in the best interests of our community.
On May 1, 2018 I filed my nomination papers with the Town of Wasaga Beach to run in this year’s election to be your Mayor.
After serving eight years as your Town Councillor and four years as Deputy Mayor and County of Simcoe Councillor, I have the needed experience to be your Mayor and move this community forward through sensible leadership.
During the past four years a divide has been created resulting in broken relationships and felt throughout our community and region. Co-operation and respect between all levels of government must return and relationships mended for the benefit of our community.
I look forward to meeting with residents and business owners to hear their thoughts regarding the path the town is on and what they see as important for the future of Wasaga Beach.
A responsible council …
1) Will respect the community and its residents. I’m sure you have heard the phrase, “If you want to go fast go alone; if you want to go far, go together.” It is time to respect the community and its residents again and make our town great by working respectfully together.
2) Requires independent thinking individuals who respect others’ opinions. Throughout history it has been shown that absolute power breeds absolute tyranny and corruption. It is time to reinstate independent thinkers to ensure the residents and community are appropriately represented.
3) Is required to mend relationships and reverse the divisiveness that has been created during the past four years and is felt throughout our community and region.
4) Empowers their staff rather than micromanaging them. Micromanagement leads to a breakdown of trust and also stifles and prevents professional staff from doing their jobs.
5) Respects that all taxpayers, business owners and residents, deserve to be treated on a fair playing field.
6) Respects proper process, legislation and due diligence on behalf of its residents.
I look forward to speaking with you soon!
Copyright © Nina Bifolchi – 2018, All rights reserved.